Friday, September 18, 2009

Bariloche, Argentina

I made it to Bariloche, Argentina on September 12th, smoothly after spending a night in Puerto Varas, Chile. The trip across the country was beautiful with snow capped mountains and clear, blue lakes dotting the country side. Then once I got into Bariloche, I found my hostel, 1004, which I later found out is in fact in Lonely Planet, but I still felt lucky to have been recommended to that hostel. The views were great, and the people all seemed to have a similar traveling mindset.


View from my hostel, 1004.

I got along with the other travelers and was relieved to find more people also doing what I was doing. The first afternoon I walked around the town and did the usual; atm, groceries, check out the sunset. Then the next day, I took off early in the morning to do a walk that usually has great vies of the mountains. It was a little foggy/rainy so I didn't get spectacular views, only great ones.


Views from my morning outing.


The forest I walked through.

Then I got back to the hostel a little after lunch time and hung out in the city and in the common room at the hostel.


View looking down at the city from 1004's patio.

Then the next day I couldn't decide whether or not to go to cerro campanario early and then go to El Bolsón because it was kind of cloudy. After talking with some people, I decided I might as well go there while I'm here, and even if it's cloudy, it will be fun to hike up a little mountain. I was told the views are amazing, and everyone was right.



From the cumbre(summit) of Cerro Campanario.

Being a small town boy from a Wisconsin, anytime I get a chance to do some hiking and check out snow capped mountains, I'm happy. I'm really glad I went up and got the advice from another traveler to just hike up instead of taking a chairlift up. I left Bariloche headed to El Bolsón on September 15th.


One last view from the hostel patio.

No comments: