Monday, October 27, 2008

Swimming

I couldn't help but notice the contrast between my weekend weather and what I saw back home in Wisconsin. Here's some pictures from my Sunday body-boarding session.


(Riding the waves into the beach)

(Waiting for the next riding back to the beach)

(After eight months in Chile, I'm still amazing at the wires and cables found on the streets. Maybe in five years, Chile will go wireless, but until then, it looks like a game of guess and check)


A friend of mine sent me a message asking if I wanted to go at watch the WS game tonight. I guess I'm even more out of touch with baseball down here in Chile, because it took me a good minute or so to figure out this WS code my friend sent me. Finally I realized WS stood for World Series. Needless to say, I politely declined since after figuring out World Series I was completely at a loss for what two teams were playing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're so out of touch with baseball, Ben (or with headline news in the States, perhaps) that you didn't even see that you were better off NOT going to last night's game... they called it off on account of rain after six innings. Read my blog and laugh all you want.

You've been lucky to go to some pretty sweet soccer games here in Chile, so I think you're way up on the rest of us in terms of professional sports this year.