Sunday, May 18, 2008

Two unexpected things

1. No Mendoza trip:
After prepping like I'll be traveling for the next four days, it looks like I'll be here in Santiago. After walking the wrong direction four blocks, then re-tracing my steps I found the bus terminal and asked for a ticket to Mendoza. The lady told me that the pass was closed and "it's possible" that it will be open tomorrow. Great. I called my friend Steve who was suppose to leave from Viña, through a different bus company and they said the same thing over there. So after sitting in the bus station for about 20 minutes thinking, looking at my guide book, I decided maybe it's a good thing that I'm not going. I really didn't have off from work on Tuesday, I'll save a lot of money, and I got all my planning done for the next couple weeks yesterday. All is not lost. And I know where the bus station is now!
2. What happens at a 1 year old's birthday party:
Last night we went to Oliver's son's birthday party.

(The birthday boy and his madre Angie)

(Marié José and José Tomás)
There were 12 of us in total, mainly family with a couple friends from university. It started off pretty innocent with all 12 of us being entertained by José Tomás, but then turned into quite the carrete(party). We did plenty of "saluds" to José Tomás and in total ended up drinking more than necessary, but hey, it was in honor of a birthday. Who knew a birthday for a one year old would translate into two bottles of wine, two bottles of Johnny Walker, and a bottle of rum? Definitely not me. Life's full of surprises.

No comments: