Saturday, February 23, 2008

My bags are packed I'm ready to go...

Tomorrow I leave for Chile. My dad dropped me off at my friend's house in St. Charles (about an hour west of Chicago) Friday afternoon after I finally got my visa. I've been hanging out here catching up with friends and my friend's family. After the months of work I put into getting my visa, the actual process of getting into the Chilean Consulate and doing the "interview" (do you speak Spanish? Un poco. Can you read it? Un poco) they took my finger prints and I was on my way. A total time in the Hancock Center of about 30 minutes(that includes parking the car and taking the elevators up and down)
Right now I'm feeling a mixture of excitement, nervousness and anticipation brewing in my body, and I'm really excited to get down there and take on the challenges and adventures associated with this job.
I'll try to update this blog as much as possible and find a way to post more pictures. But for now, wish me good luck as I undertake 24 hours of travel. I leave Chicago at 8:55 AM Sunday, then leave Minneapolis at 2:25 PM, then finally leave for Santiago, from Atlanta at 9:10 PM and arrive in Chile at 8:30 Monday morning. Training and orientation starts Monday afternoon!

1 comment:

Jay and Brooke said...

Good Luck Ben. You told me to wish you good luck. Read a book!