Monday, November 17, 2008

Pichilemu

I finally got to Pichilemu last weekend. It was everything I hoped it'd be and some. It was a relaxed, friendly beach town with wonderful smells and sights. Coming from the frantic hustle and bustle of Santiago, it was quite a relief to only hear the rustling of leaves, birds chirping and the soft drone of waves crashing opposed to buses rumbling by, horns honking, music pumping, doors slamming, or people arguing, which I'm quite accustomed to and helps me fall asleep at night. Saturday we met up for dinner and went to a Spring Festival headlined by Juana Fe. They were another fun, Cumbia band. I'm really liking the Cumbia music that seems to always being played where ever I go.
Sunday we went surfing, and I got to ride some good times for the first time in my life. It was great. I could ride the wave as it broke, and not just survive a dumping wave. After surfing we hit the beach for a little relaxation and a pisco sour. Luckily today, I'm not too sore. I got back to Santiago this afternoon, to a nice 87 degree and sunny day.
(Here we have Juana Fe playing their hit song, "Calegjero Ambulante." As the video shows, the crowd was into it, and the energy was incredible.)

(The beach)

(Goodbye sun)

(The view from the our lodging)

No comments: