Sunday, August 24, 2008

¡Primavera está aquí!

With the sun shining and the temperature hitting 20(~70F) this afternoon I think Spring is here. I've been told the worst part of winter is over, so I feel that I can comment on winter now without it coming back to haunt me. It really wasn't too bad. Maybe it was because since day one, people were warning me about how cold, rainy, humid, windy, etc it gets in winter, so when I was in it, it didn't seem as bad as I imagined. Don't get me wrong, my room hasn't been warmer than 58 degrees since April, and days strung together when my towel never dried because it was too cold and humid in the house, but overall, it wasn't too shabby. It didn't snow and the nighttime lows got below 32 only a handful of times.
This weekend was another "family weekend." I'm such a family man. Friday, Rodrigo came home with a Schopdog Rocket, so we obviously tested it to make sure it works.

(Oliver, Raul and Me testing the efficiency of the Rocket. It worked)
Then I met up with some CIEE friends and went to a Duoc Professor party in Bellavista. Saturday night we went to a restaurant called Espadeiros, in Las Condes to celebrate the birthday of my Chilean Mamá. We left the house at 9:00 pm, and finished up our buffet style dinner around midnight after some salsa dancing. Around 11:00 a band started playing some Elvis and Sinatra then transitioned to some hot salsa. After dinner we came back to the house and had tea, and some drinks. Once again the ten of us started dancing, and all of a sudden it was 2:30, so I turned on the TV and we watched the USA vs. Spain Olympic final. We won, and then we looked up and it was 6:30am, so we decided it was time to hit the hay. Today was a wonderfully lazy day spent walking around outside and hanging out with the windows open.
Teaching has been going really well. I enjoy my students, and they seem to have an interest in learning English. After having a semester of experience I really feel like I'm a much better teacher.

No comments: