Friday, March 14, 2008

Pictures of my new home

Below are some pictures of my new place. My first week of teaching is almost over. I have three, back to back to back classes of 1.5 hours this afternoon. It's going well, and is pretty intense to come up with lesson plans basically all on my own. The students don't have text books for my basic class, and my intermediate, no one has text books. Neither have arrived yet, which is normal here, I guess. This weekend Vinnie(a friend from CIEE) and I are going to the coast to visit Steve(another guy from CIEE) and see the sights of Valparaíso and Viña del Mar.


^Here's one view of my room, as you walk through the door.


^And my closet, which is on the right when you walk in. Notice how clothes are neatly organized, a spectacle not to be repeated anytime soon.



^And the view of my wall which is on the left as you walk into my room. I think the last person who lived here, or a friend of Elizabeth's son painted that. Sometimes I just nod my head when I don't completely understand things, and it's not important. If I ever have guests I'll probably tell them I painted the wall.



^The living room. Like most living rooms, it is usually empty. We also hang out in the kitchen even though it is tiny. No matter what culture, people also congregate in kitchens.




^From the window's to the wall.. Here's the whole apartment. From the end of the kitchen and the window of my room in the background

3 comments:

Jay and Brooke said...

I like what you did with you bedroom wall! Keep up the great work. Textbooks, where we are going, we don't need text books.

always and forever,
Jay

Jay and Brooke said...

I want to hear about visiting abuela. You must have some great stories about that trip!

"its so unusual ...ba ba ba" snap snap

-Brooke

Unknown said...

I never knew you were so good at Wall Art!