Thursday, January 17, 2008

Down in Arizona with Grandma

I got home from Lake Tahoe late Sunday night after another great week of snowboarding and entertainment. I gambled for the first time and ended up winning $44.56 ($20.00 blackjack, $22.50 blackjack, $2.00 slot machines, $0.06 slot machine) The ticket for $0.06 I found at a machine when I was talking on the phone and I had no problem going up to the cashier's window and cashing out six cents. The cashier really didn't know how to handle the exchange because it was such a small number. Also, to play a slot machine you have to put in a dollar, so if someone were to really cash out six cents it would only be after losing $0.94. Either was funny and Tahoe really is a beautiful ski resort. The contrast of lakes and mountains reminded me a little of New Zealand.
After getting home I went down to Madison for a day to finish up some Resale business and run some errands for my Teach Abroad program. I finally sent out the set of poles, boots and skis to the vendors that they belong to(from the December 1st and 2nd sale) and answered a few financial questions in the Hoofer office. Then got my travel shots for Chile. I ended up getting four shots( tetanus, hepatitis A, influenza and Typhoid fever). They were the most expensive shots I've ever taken, and now my shoulders are sore. That night I was able to meet up with some friends that I went to school with at UW-Madison. We went out for dinner at the Great Dane and had some drinks at everyone's favorite Churchkey Bar.
Today I arrived in Green Valley, AZ to visit my Grandma Creagh. It should be a nice, relaxing time down here. My flights went smoothly and I slept for most of the trip out here. I'm going to help my Grandma around the house and she's going to teach me some tricks about my computer(seriously, she knows more about mac's than I do). I think it's an even trade off.

No comments: