Sunday, January 27, 2008

Back from the retierment lifestyle...

... And I started to get used to the daily rhythm and flow in Green Valley

After spending eleven glorious days with my grandma in Green Valley, I am back in Wisconsin. Last night I realized that I was adjusted to Green Valley life because of these reasons.
1. I unconsciously drive five below the speed limit.
2. 9:00pm rolls around and I start to get tired and am thinking about going to bed.
3. It doesn't seem absurd to engage in a conversation about the "wind chill" effect when it is 57 degrees.
4. Driving to the grocery store at 7:00pm and seeing three other cars doesn't surprise me.
5. I wear a jacket when the temperatures dip down into the chilly low 50's

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Green Valley with the warm weather and good company. It was great that I had the freedom to extend my stay and help out my Grandma until she felt more comfortable taking care of everyday tasks by herself.

I now think that I am going to travel down to the friendly confines of Madison on Wednesday and enjoy the talents of Sean Moore as he rips up the comedy circuit performing both Wednesday and Thursday night, and then head down to Chicago for the weekend.


Grandma and I eating dinner one evening.

No comments: