Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Pucon was amazing

I got back from Pucón this morning, did laundry, had a class, went grocery shopping for my trek in Patagonia, finished grades, packed for the next twenty days, and am heading out to give my last finals in about a half hour. There's mainly pictures here because I can't focus enough to write anything coherent. Pucón has been the highlight so far, and I know the south will be equally impressive. The mountains, lush green trees and moss covered woods, rivers, waterfalls, natural thermals and a view of volcanoes were impressive.
Tomorrow I have a flight to Punta Arenas that leaves at 9:00am, and the plan is to take an overnight bus to Ushuaia tomorrow night. We'll see how that works. In case I don't get to update this before Christmas, Merry Christmas everyone!


(View of Volcan Villarrrica, which I climbed on Saturday)



(Ojos del Caburgua. Very pretty waterfalls)


(Climbing the Volcano)



(More climbing pictures. We woke up at 3:45 and were hiking at 6:00am)


(2,847 meters up, or in "American" 9,340 feet up, on top of the Volcano)


(Natural thermas which were wonderful after hiking two days straight)


(In Huerquehue National Park, looking at the Volcano, that was climbed a couple day's ealrier)

No comments: